Memorial Day Weekend Training/Racing

The week prior I was sicker than a dog. I ended up calling in sick and having someone cover my shift on Friday. Thank God! Last week I could only make it up to work, work all day, and hang out on the couch until Andy came home from work. I felt so bad! I really wanted to nap, clean, cook, and ride, but I did not have enough energy to do so. Once Andy came home we would figure something out for dinner and then he would take me even strolls in the Evo. We drove up, down, and all around the coast. It was so nice to get out and see more than the walls at work and home.
So, Andy went and raced the Mt. Hamilton Road Race. I really wanted to! I was even determined to ride the course. I ended up sleeping in, which was probably a good thing, and went to Ben's to meet up with Kate for a ride. We ended up riding to Sunol and back on Calvaris hoping to meet or run into the boys. Of course they beat us home.
There also was a Crit in Morgan Hill. Andy had invited his mom's side of the family over to hang out on the beach all day. And of course both of us bolted for the race. I rode over Madonna to watch him race. It was a cool finish to watch. With a few laps to go Andy was up front postioning himself, and on the last corner everyone went there own way leaving Andy to jump the gap for second. Congrats! Then it was back to the beach for more sand, wind, burgers, and beer.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home